Sunday, June 26, 2011

The artless art of emails.


I always thought I am good at writing emails. I always made my point clear. I always checked the tone of my email, and I always spell checked.

Recently, there were same changes at work. That gave me an opportunity to work with other people in the firm.

The other day, we were discussing a client, who had a lot of issues. We wanted to tell a lot of things to that client, which I was sure that the client would not like.

I was pleasantly surprised to see an email I was cced on the other day. It was such a well drafted email. So professional. So tactful. It made all the points clear and was not at all offensive. I was just wondering if writing emails is also an art in itself.

Sometimes, some things happen for a reason, and most of the time, the reason is a good one :)
I am so looking forward to learning so much in the near future! Including writing better professional emails!

No comments:

Post a Comment